Summer is ending, leaves are changing and we know what is coming, and I'm so filled with Hope! Yup! In what, in Whom do you Hope? Hope is a powerful force in life. It is based in what is both possible and probable, not in hallucination. That's why September is Hope Month for me...because of BIF10.
BIF is the most amazing gathering of humans from all over the world sharing stories about perseverance, innovation, impact…and Hope! Every year we wonder how can the next be better and it always is. Because of Hope – Hope in what the human spirit is capable of achieving:
- A 14yr old kid building robots because she can (Camille Beatty);
- Saving babies and moms in Nepal (Arlene Samen);
- Building on the power of Houston’s urban core (Angela Blanchard);
- Rebuilding an Air Force in Afghanistan (Col. Matt Fritz);
- Fleeing the Iranian revolution to become the guru of social business (Vala Afshar);
- Drawing your way to peace (New Yorker Cartoonist, Liza Donnelly);
- So many many more incredible stories of Hope!