I had the privilege to share a panel with New Yorker Staff Cartoonist Liza Donnelly and Social Entrepreneur Superstar Susan McPherson on October 8th at the Granoff Center's Martinos Auditorium, Brown University, discussing our professional paths. This was the first Creative Mind Lecture of the 2014-2015 series. Many thanks to Ian Gonsher for using his iPhone as a video camera and to Nicha Ratana who made the video as 'followable' as possible and has made the Creative Mind Lecture series a reality.
What if you gathered with creative minds from all disciplines and talked about how you got to where you were and how you were going forward? Join me, New Yorker Staff Cartoonist Liza Donnelly and Social Entrepreneur Superstar Susan McPherson on October 8th at 6:00pm in the Granoff Center's Englander Studio at Brown University for a discussion of what kinds of paths, careers, serendipity Creative Minds create!
Summer is ending, leaves are changing and we know what is coming, and I'm so filled with Hope! Yup! In what, in Whom do you Hope? Hope is a powerful force in life. It is based in what is both possible and probable, not in hallucination. That's why September is Hope Month for me...because of BIF10.
BIF is the most amazing gathering of humans from all over the world sharing stories about perseverance, innovation, impact…and Hope! Every year we wonder how can the next be better and it always is. Because of Hope – Hope in what the human spirit is capable of achieving:
- A 14yr old kid building robots because she can (Camille Beatty);
- Saving babies and moms in Nepal (Arlene Samen);
- Building on the power of Houston’s urban core (Angela Blanchard);
- Rebuilding an Air Force in Afghanistan (Col. Matt Fritz);
- Fleeing the Iranian revolution to become the guru of social business (Vala Afshar);
- Drawing your way to peace (New Yorker Cartoonist, Liza Donnelly);
- So many many more incredible stories of Hope!